4 factors that make disk repair impossible
What is defined as a field of view?
- Steering wheel center:
- to the right: 14.5cm;
- to the left: 14.5cm;
Field of view height is defined as:
- limited by the area of the windscreen wiper
3 Reasons why stonechips are dangerous!
Stone chips in the field of vision can affect your vision while driving and can lead to accidents.
One situation: They drive at night with their new car, a few days ago, a rockfall appeared after you drove behind a truck that has rolled up the chippings. On the
- Increased accident risk
- Increased cracking Risk
- Constant distraction while driving
Jacob Autoglas can help you on-site or in specialist workshops near you and fix your problem in no time at all.
You can easily get in touch here: contact
3 Reasons why you can not fix on the edge
- TUV regulations state that a distance of 10 cm should be maintained
- Repaired stone chips on the edge continue to affect the stability of the glass (risk of breakage)
- Rockfall in the Black area is not repairable because the technician has no view of the rockfall and its depth
When does a stonechip repair make sense?
Here are 3 short points when it definitely makes sense:
- If you have a part comprehensive insurance – the repair is virtually free for you.
- Stonechips are close to the edge – edge impacts are often triggers for large cracks.
- Multiple Stonechips – the disc becomes a minefield and can travel extremely fast.